Okay I’m super winded right now and I think my current goal is to be able to like, properly do the knee twist touch thing or whatever it’s called on the Wii. And to get Rhythm Parade to acknowledge I’m stepping. Or Rhythm Boxing to acknowledge I’m dodging. (DODGE!!! (I was going to link to a DBZA video here but it has swears so nah, look it up on yer own time)) (On the plus side, I’ve apparently lost 3 pounds? Not sure if I can trust but that’s what the machine says.)
Sidenote: Episodes I watch are 22 mins long, free step is 30 minutes long, thus I watched HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA about 4 more times than I already had earlier today when I was trying to explain He-Man to somebody. So, I’ve watched it about 15 times. Well, I’m watching it again right now, so… assume the counter goes up by 5 by the time this post is done. I’m sorry, I’m a sucker for antique memes.
Right, so today I’m going to talk about some other general changes and nitpicks with the game, here goes.
So if you couldn’t surmise from the world list yesterday, Cinderella and Aladdin’s worlds are gone. Bye! Also most of the content that was available only as DLC in the last game is now available without having to download it. I also like that they allow you to make the entire outfit at once instead of piece by piece, that certainly saves time and resources. Also I really like Clarice’s shop thingy to make alternate clothing (Clarice is the female chipmunk whose name I forgot in the last few posts).
Handheld accessories/items is a neat concept, and helps get you Nice! points. Speaking of which, those have bigger roles and the shop contains a lot more neat things such as recipes for a lot of different kinds of furniture, clothing, and foods, which I find a useful resource. The best way to get Nice! points is definitely by doing those weird Magical Dreams, which continue to be hecking weird but earn me Nice! points so I deal with them.
The fact that you don’t need to make multiple of any one thing is super helpful. Also there’s this feature in the café I think I’ve failed to mention, which is that they can place down all of the furniture of a given theme for you. I certainly use this feature, certainly makes the placement of the furniture look way nicer than when I do it.
Okay time for the NITPICKS. Most of there are really little things, which is probably a good thing.
- When exiting Snow White’s World – and ONLY when exiting through the portal (not the Wishing Well) – you can hear the Heigh-Ho song. What’s up with that? Why is it only when you exit? Why is it there? It’s just weird and kind of annoying.
- Speaking of portals, they only activate when you get close to them, as in you can’t see beyond them before going to them. Also some of them have things surrounding it, like a tree around Wonderland’s portal, but others don’t, like Snow White’s portal. All I’m asking for is a little consistency!
- Getting to Arendelle is obnoxious and slow. Why do I have to sit through cutscenes to get there instead of just walking through a portal? I mean I know I can skip them but that’s beyond the point.
- When you enter Atlantica’s portal the fish reset to a certain point as they spin around. You thought we wouldn’t notice, huh? WELL I DID.
- Look, if you can return us back to normal clothing after quests, why can’t you do that for surfing? I’m sick of being stuck in a sarong after surfing for a ridiculously long time because I fail to notice that I didn’t change back. JUST SOME CONSISTENCY, PLEASE.
- Where’s Daisy’s house? Literally everyone else of the big six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, & Pluto) has one. Where’s hers? Well Pluto doesn’t have one either but he has a doghouse outside of Mickey’s house, because he’s a dog, not like the Goofy kind of dog but the kind of dog that walks around on all fours.
- I mentioned this last time, but did you really have to make Sleepy’s mining patterns so much slower? It’s obnoxious.
- Loading screens, loading screens, loading screens! They’re not long, but they’re always there. (Granted, I’ve been playing on my old 3DS up until like 3 hours ago when I got my new one (it looks awesome and I love it), so this might be a moot point.) Even in cutscene series! Like they show one thing, and then they show another thing, but before we get to that, it’s time for a 2 second loading screen! Can’t you just like… load that in the background, since you clearly know you’re going to need to play that one next? I don’t know a ton about game design but I’m sure you could do that, right?
- Flower picking / treasure hunting is awesome, but why aren’t there any girls who treasure hunt? Some men do some flower picking (but only if they’re animals in the 100 Acre Wood), but I have not encountered a single girl who has asked me to do a treasure hunt. What’s up with that? I mean, in this game where men can wear dresses, I feel like this is kind of weird.
- So the favors and stock in stores updates four times a day: at 12 AM, 6 AM, 12 PM, and 6 PM. Which… is kind of a pain. I don’t know about you, but I’m not usually awake between 12 and 6 AM. Which bugs me eternally since it means I miss out on a cycle of favors and stock.
So that’s about everything I have to say! I enjoy this game, I recommend it to those of you who kind of like to dink around and be completionists. Or y’know if you just like Disney characters. Or rhythm games! There’s a lot of rhythm games in this, probably because it was originally a Japanese game and I think I read somewhere that those tend to be pretty popular in Japan. I dunno though.
Well, this one has seemed to be much shorter than the last few, as it’s only at 1k words so far. Good job me?
I’m still tired from all of that dang exercise. Ppbbtgfgtg.
Hey wanna see some funny videos? MissEligon made some funny drawings to go with some of ProZD’s voice acting skillz. Poptropica-themed, of course.
Well now that I’ve left you with some high quality content, I think I can be done now. Alley-oop!